Sunday, October 20, 2013

Brag Scholarship Event (FC)

This scholarship wasn't easy to get because I had to write an essay and get interview by two people. It was hard to write an essay about retail business and online shopping. Being interviewed by two people was nerve wrecking at that time. Either way I manage to do both of these requirements and ended up getting the Brag Scholarship. I was excited when I found out that I got the scholarship. One of the people that interviewed me, Laticha, told me that I have to take a picture and attend an event where all the recipient will be recognized. The event was held at the Marriot Marquis Hotel which is located in Times Square.


My friends and I had to buy a dress for this event and Laticha told us that the event was going to be similar to an Oscar event. I had to go shopping because I had nothing to wear and I was extremely nerves because I didn't know what to expect. Laticha brought a friend to Thurgood Marshall Academy on October 8 because we were going to have a meeting. The meeting was about teaching us how to eat properly in this event and they explain to us the flow of the event. We all had to bring in one parent and the last advice that gave to all us was to be ourselves because these people are not here to judge us.


The event began in October 17 in the Marriot Marquis Hotel and it started at 5:30 p.m. There were a lot of people in this event and it felt as if I was in an Oscar event. My friends and I took picture with our parents and with each other. We had a great time because we got the chance to take a picture with Nick Cannon and we met famous people like Lloyd Boston as well as Iman. Moreover; we all got the chance to meet our sponsor. The company that sponsored me was TJX company located in Massachusetts and the people who were a part of this company were really nice. At the end of the party, we all were given a bag that contained perfume, chocolates, a tie, and candles. I came home at 12 p.m. and I have to say that was given the chance to experience something new.

2 comments:

  1. Yes andromeda , I remember when you showed me your pictures you all looked so pretty , congrats again I'm really proud of you , keep up the good work and it sounds like you had a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete