Monday, May 12, 2014

The Taming of The Shrew Skit (FC)

We are finally done with The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare, and I have to admit that this book was fun to read. Once you to get to understand the book through annotations and class discussions, the book allows you to be aware of how society is changing. I think doing a skit as the last part of the project for the book was a good idea. At first I didn't like it and I still kind of don't because I hate performing in front of people. The skit that my group created was very entertaining and we changed a lot of things from the play such as making one of the guys play the role of Katherine. Moreover, we made of the girls play the role of Petruchio and we added some modern language. When my group was done performing our skit, we received positive feedback. Being able to see the performance of others allowed me to see how they modernize the skit their own way. The class of 2014 are very funny and creative in their own little way. I like how everyone was able to play the part that they were given.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that the skit idea was a great exercise and that we as the class of 2014 are very creative and funny. I'm sorry i didn't get to see your skit, but from what i heard the class did great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I kind of hated these activities when I was in school, but as you mentioned, it is a great way to connect to the text! I'm glad you enjoyed it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the book was a fun book to read and led to some interesting debates. I don't like performing either, but you're right doing the skit was fun and a good idea. I really enjoyed your groups skit it was entertaining.

    ReplyDelete