Buried but then reborn
I see someone coming into this world but the person is forcing themselves to come out because as you can see the person legs is pushing out. This reminds me of a fetus coming out from his mother womb because the egg symbolizes something hatching. I also see yellow probably representing light but then I see a dark background with no one around probably symbolizing evil or depression. Maybe this person is struggling from living the same rote and it’s express through what looks like blood to me. The huge blood drop is facing towards the person so that when he comes out he can see his reflection. As for the person on the right I think symbolize death because it is an old skeleton woman with a child who have similar feature as the woman. To me the woman look like she is burying the person a live because the yellow on the egg that I interpret as glue is what she is creating because the yellow is more on her sides as if she is taking revenge on the person who made her starve to death. I say this because the woman looks as if she never eaten anything in her entire life because she is very emaciated and the child is trying to tell her to stop speaking cruel of the person or to stop burying him because her pointing with no happiness tells me that she is telling the child bad things about the guy. The thing on the top to me represents something that is also assisting the woman in burying him because it can be something that would cover the egg. I say this because the thing on the top is the same size as the egg. The meaning that can be drawn by this image is a man who got tired of living the same life and probably caused some damages in the world that he left behind so he took a nap inside of this egg and realize that he needs to repair certain things. So he emerges from the egg to correct his mistake of leaving the world by returning in which some people opposes because he already afflicted pain but he is willing to struggle so that he can get out and show that he is a new man. (FC)
I really like the observations you made about the painting; you really paid attention to details here. I also really like the connections you made, it was really interesting to read how you interpreted this painting.
ReplyDeleteI really like how you applied the skills we learned in Freshman Composition to this painting. This shows that you retained a lot of what you learned. To say his is excellent is an insult to this wonderful piece which is way above that.
ReplyDeleteSo, I was planning to comment on how great it was that you choose a text to respond to, how thorough your response was, etc. I wanted a better view of the painting, so I googled what I assumed was the title of the painting "Buried but not Reborn" and I found your post for another class a year ago instead. I suggest you write an original post for last week, so that you can get late credit for the post due 9/18.
ReplyDeleteIt's a post I choose to write for this blog because I wanted to share it with my classmates. You never said we can never use old writing piece for this blog and it's original because I wrote it. I'm very sorry it would happen again.
DeleteIt's a post I choose to write for this blog because I wanted to share it with my classmates. You never said we can never use old writing piece for this blog and it's original because I wrote it. I'm very sorry.
ReplyDelete